Skip to content

From terracotta pot to Greek pot

May 29, 2010

I realized I had way too many terracotta pots in “fire escape garden” and they all look kind of boring.

What I wanted was more of a Greek or even Tuscan looking pot. What to do?

I played around for a while with left over white floor stain on these pots but figured I needed to do something more.


Under my sink I found some left-over bathroom grout and figured this could probably be used for something. I added some water to it and then smeared an entire pot in this stuff.


I then pulled out my mini cookie-cutters and made patterns all along the edge and left it to dry.

A few hours later I was able to sand the surface with a sandpaper to get it smooth and to have the terracotta show through in random places.

I painted it haphazardly with brownish paints and smeared some green and black in crevices to get it to look more antique.
In with my guanaba plant and voila!
Advertisements

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: